Technicon Design is looking for a CATIA/CAD Modeler to join an established Automotive OEM to work on exciting new transportation initiatives.
This person must have a passion for the evolving transportation/mobility industry and mixed background in design and engineering. This person will be working directly with designer, modelers and various other divisions to develop package layouts of components and systems.
- Utilize CAD software, primarily CATIA, to develop package layouts of Interior and Exterior components of new design concepts, while taking aesthetic and technical parameters of the components into account
- Realize “Class A” surface models for Interior and Exterior components
- Evaluation and minor manipulation of surfaces and lines
- Generation of Design Release Drawings to DCS-Standard and Feasibility Studies for Interior and Exterior Components
- Transfer specifications and models from Alias Automotive to a CATIA environment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including design, engineering, and marketing teams
- Develop innovative tools to support development
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with CATIA
- Strong knowledge of automotive components and systems, including industry trends, benchmarking techniques, and supplier competencies
- Strong knowledge of plastic parts, structural performance, ergonomics, and safety and homologation requirements
- Strong understanding of automotive design principals
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without visa sponsorship