Technicon Design is seeking a highly talented Exterior Designer with a strong desire to work in a collaborative studio environment shaping the future of the consumer vehicles to join our transportation & Industrial design teams.
The Exterior Designer will be working within a team using your skills, creativity & passion to play a key role in designing the surface for the newest generation of consumer vehicles. This person will heavily be collaborating with the Design Team, Prototype Developers, and Design Engineers.
- Sketch, 3D model, and render creative automotive concepts
- Propose various car concepts appropriate to the car brand’s design language
- Establish design criteria through collaborating with the Design Team, Engineers, and Prototype Developers
- Build design packages via Alias Automotive.
- Collaborate with Digital and Clay Modelers to ensure design accuracy
- Research and analyze industry trends to inform and incorporate into current design direction
- Partner with Prototype Teams to ensure fabrication design accuracy of concept or show cars
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Automotive, or Transportation Design
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing exterior of vehicles
- Strong traditional artistic skills and a deep understanding of modern transportation design
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with others in a small creative environment.
- Have an understanding and be able to design around engineering requirements
- Be able to work self-sufficiently with a minimum of direction
- Must currently be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship now or in the future
- A passion and vision for the future of car design
- 5+ years of experience designing exteriors of vehicles