Technicon Design are currently looking for a CAS Alias Modeller to produce Class A surfaces for our Automotive project work. The role will be to develop interior and / or exterior surface models in the later phases of the design process. The role will be developing designs for new and future vehicle models, based working on a contract hire term. Applicants should possess a demonstrable history of design within the Automotive sector.
- To generate production-feasible, automotive Class A surfaces
- Interpret 3D Design models and 2D sketches and translate them into Surface design through Autodesk Alias software
- Develop surfaces to an appropriate standard from the initial concept phase through to final surface release.
- Work in tandem with the Engineering department and Studio Engineers to ensure designs integrate in line with Engineering constraints
- Highly competent User of Autodesk Alias
- An interest and good understanding of Automotive design and structure
- Circa 5+ years history within the Automotive design domain
- Automotive Design studio experience – conceptual modelling using Alias on CAS Interiors and or Exteriors of the vehicle
This role is operated on a Hybrid arrangement, located in Coventry, Warwickshire – and home based working split.