Technicon Design, Sweden has a new and exciting opportunity for a Automotive Colour & Materials Studio Engineer to work within the automotive industry, to join our client’s team in Gothenburg, Sweden. The contract start date is as soon as possible.
Senior Studio Engineer – Colour & Material
We put people at the centre of everything we do. Being curious about what the people around us need and want is key to creating safe, personalised, and sustainable mobility solutions. If you believe in the power of people and share our respect for human-centric innovation, you’ll thrive at our clients. We are people who care about other people. With us, you’ll be surrounded by brilliant, curious colleagues all committed to making a difference.
CMF Studio Engineering – Let’s introduce ourselves
CMF Studio Engineering, 51223, is a part of Design Operations, 51200, at Design. The team consists of two roles of responsibility, Program Studio Engineer and Specialist Studio Engineer. Each role is responsible to secure the feasibility of the CMF design delivery within its area of responsibility, and to secure design intentions are met in as many cases as possible. This work is done in close cooperation with the other departments at Design, with Engineering, and with other units within the company. External communication and work with many different suppliers, both established automotive and non-automotive is also a big part of the daily work.
What you’ll do
As a CMF Studio Engineer, you will work close with CMF Designers in developing new materials and strategies, and plan for upcoming deliveries. You need to be able to see the big picture but also go into more detailed technical discussions. The work can change over time as the developments move in and out of programs and in different phases. It is important to be flexible and open to change in decisions, together with the ability to learn new ways of working and face new challenges. Some of the ideas we have has not been developed before.
Your main material area will be decorative materials, such as wood, metals, glass, plastics, etc.
– Secure our CMF deliveries with technical expertise to meet the design intention
– Secure delivery of masters within the area of responsibility
– Short- and long-term planning of design deliveries
– Challenge engineering when needed to meet design intention
– Be a part of, and contribute to the strategic work
– Secure a creative dialogue with our suppliers
You also have
– Technical university degree or equivalent based on work experience
– Documented material knowledge within textiles
– Very good English knowledge, both spoken and written
– Experience from CMF development work
– Good leadership skills, including lead and plan own work
– Very good presentation skills, written and verbal
– Ability to understand and explain a design intention
– Very good communication and cooperation skills
– Capacity to build a large network
We expect you to have material knowledge, interest in material expression and cars. You shouldn’t hesitate to be involved in heated discussions and at the same time be calm and good at cooperation, both internally at Design and towards other departments that we are working with. You have a large network within the client or have the ability to build one. We expect you to have a lot of energy, drive, and commitment as well as a willingness to contribute to our vision – Freedom to move in a personal, sustainable and safe way