Technicon Design USA is seeking an experienced and talented CAD Design Engineer (Chassis) with a strong desire to work in a collaborative studio environment shaping the vehicles of tomorrow.
This position is located in Irvine, CA and all applicants must be willing to work onsite with a hybrid schedule: attend on site weekly team meetings and design reviews upon request.
Essential Job Functions: (Include but are not limited to)
- Work closely with Design Release Engineers (DRE’s) to design / package a variety of chassis components ranging from; wheels, brake components, suspension & control arm components, structure & subframe components, service kit / jack components, steering mechanism and control components
- Rapid iteration from concept through to optimization
- Package reviews / presentations
- Attend design reviews
- Produce CAD assemblies to support design standard creation
- Regularly represent the department in design review and work closely with suppliers and other departments, such as studio, body, skateboard, and packaging teams.
- Prepare hardpoint models such as wheel bogey models
- Prepare dynamic swept volumes for packaging
- Minimum 5 years working in automotive design engineering (OEM)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in Automotive or Mechanical engineering preferred, but equivalent qualifications and experience considered.
- Solid fundamental knowledge of chassis component production technologies and materials; casting, forging, machining, pressing, sheet metal, injection molding, extrusion, welding, stamping, rolling of aluminum, steel, magnesium & polymers.
- Solid fundamental knowledge and proven experience working on chassis related projects.
- Experienced user of CAD (ideally CATIA V5/V6) in solid and surface modelling.
- Quick turn over of work
- Ability to produce clear and thorough reports
- CAE experience beneficial but not essential
- Candidates should be self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, able to interact effectively with domestic and international teammates & suppliers.
- Must be a self starter, use initiative and engineering judgement.
- Ability to interpret data and solve complex problems using first principles.
- High Degree of competence with GD&T
- Must have ability to manage multiple component designs at once and able to prioritize workload.
Potential salary range: 83k-110k / year depending on experience level
All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
*Work Authorization Required