Our client will further extend its Color, Material Finish Design responsibilities, taking on the
development of special 3D patterns and textures, and will own the pattern strategy and guideline. The 3D
Pattern Specialist Designer, serving as a creative bridge from design ideation to digital modeling (and
ultimately to physically proto-typed 3D parts).
Whether the candidate’s background is in Graphic Design, Industrial Design or in Materials or Textiles,
this is a true “spider in the web” role that affects all areas of our car projects. Examples of such areas
include quilt and perforation patterns for upholstery, rubber mats, pedals, ‘ for use on stalks
knobs, speaker mesh, 3D pattern on exterior trim parts and exterior foil applications.
Day to day, this creative design role reports to Head of CMF Design but in work function to
Head of DE (Design Enabling).
What you will do:
-Set the aesthetical pattern direction for brand and build up and govern a strong portfolio, with focus
on why how what
-Develop patterns, using 2D 3D digital tools ( Rhino/Alias, Grasshopper).
-Build the patterns in 3D CAD tools
-Collaborate with all design disciplines, and working especially closely with Studio Engineers, Digital
Modelers and Prototype modelers.
– Design portfolio & background, training & working experience.
– Strong creative skills in Adobe Creative Suite, especially in Illustrator scalable vector-based design,
as well as Photoshop.
– Strongly skilled in 3D Pattern-building Rhinoceros or Alias.
– Working knowledge of pattern-building with parametric design and algorithms, guiding and
coaching digital modelling Grasshopper team to build parametric patterns.
– Skills in handling digital files to be used for 3D (physical & virtual) prototyping.
– Proactive and independent, you thrive in a high-speed environment.
– Excellent social and networking skills.