We are interested on boarding a Colour Materials and Finish Designer to work within a niche Automotive brand located in the UK. As an excellent opportunity to work with a Power prestige brand – you will be responsible for the creation of Design Ideas / Proposals for Limited Edition Collection Cars with low production rates, making the project setting much more intimate and exclusive.
These collections will showcase several variables including the Car Paint scheme, brightware, Interior furnishings and Hide Colours through to Embroidery and Quilt Patterns, Veneers, Surface Patterns, Embroidery and Treadplate Designs.
From plotting Initial concepts and mood boards will be worked up in Adobe Photoshop before being translated across into Autodesk VRed Design. The Designer will need to present their work internally and also to our exclusive pool of end customers for buy off – before then working with the internal departments of the project team to follow the collection through to delivery. The emphasis is on bespoke detailing and detailed delivery of tailored concepts.
The Designer will need to guide the customer through the journey of personalising their next vehicle – to then translate requirements into a detailed design brief for sign off and customer agreement. The Colour Materials and Finish designer will then be responsible in carrying through the delivery of conceptual artwork into production and subsequently completion of each request to manufacture and completion.
– B.Sc. or M.Sc. within Textiles / Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
– Experience of working in creation and generation of mood boards to identify themes and colour schemes
– A good understanding of Textiles, Hides, Polymers and Plastic Materials / And Paint’s with a knowledge of sustainability within materials used
– Strong capability in producing visual imagery – Adobe Suite,
– A comprehension of 3D visualisation and render tools ideally VRED software
– A familiarity with 3D modelling software would be beneficial
This advertised vacancy is situated in the UK. Applicants are expected to possess the ability to work within the UK without the requirement of obtaining a visa prior to commencing the role. This vacancy is offered as part of a contract opening – initially two years in duration.