Technicon Design has an opening for a Computer Graphics Visualisation Artist to join our client’s Automotive team in Warwickshire in the UK. The Digital Artists will work predominantly within Autodesk VRed Virtual Reality Editor Software and be responsible in producing presentations, design reviews, and virtual prototypes.
The Digital artist who will join a compact but dynamic team, increasing in size and capacity – will be proficient in creating outstanding digital assets to primarily support the requirements of a specific division within the Automotive brand design and production process which develops bespoke and specially requested additions to our already exclusive premium sports brand of vehicles.
You will thrive in working as part of a unique team, bringing experience of creating high quality photo realistic stills. You’ll be knowledgeable in the techniques to prepare, create and deliver these assets for approval. Experience in customer/client meetings would be a benefit.
- Possess good skills within Alias to adapt existing CAD for use in the company Bespoke projects
- Prepare easy to use VIS files for use in creating Bespoke Customer images and animations
- Show exceptional skills in Data prep, UV & texturing, lighting and rendering assets to a deadline
- Carry out special, individual and bespoke projects as directed by management
- Create, iterate and develop new Vis environments
- Proactive approach to work and group interaction across various departments
- Build and maintain master vis files for all vehicle projects in development and existing production cars
Software & Design package Requirements:
- A strong knowledge with V-Red Design / Pro and VR
- A good ability within Alias
- A familiarity with the Adobe Suite
- Microsoft office software suite
- Presentation and communication skills essential
- 3D modelling skills are classed as a distinct benefit
- Unreal Engine, Maya, V-Ray and Blender familiarity advantageous
- Prior experience working in Automotive design – ideally circa 2 to 4 years’ of experience
- A detailed understanding of the automotive design process with experience working through creative concept phase and the production delivery phase
- Some previous Luxury brand and / or major OEM experience would be beneficial, but all experience considered
The position is supervised by Senior Designers – with the individual expected to work effectively within a team but also on any dedicated brief independently.
The Visualisation artist will be situated working from our Studio on-site. There will be the need to self-manage the workload ensuring deliverables and timeframes are met under completion guidelines. The role will require the successful applicant to work closely across other departments – The wider Design Team, The Bespoke Project Production Team, Colour Materials and Finishing and Design Directors.
Applicants will already need to possess the ability to work in the UK without a requirement for Sponsorship / A work based Visa. Should your initial applicaiton be of interest – it will be expected that you are able to provide a portfolio of work examples to showcase your work.