Technicon Design are looking for a Concept UX Designer for car Light Experiences.
In this role, you are responsible for designing market-leading User Experiences in HMI systems. Especially considering the use of light as information carrier, you are to challenge and innovate the way our users interact with the car, get information from the car, and experience the interior through the use of both exterior light and interior ambient light.
Your assignment is to work with how interior light can augment HMI functions, how interior ambient light can be used to create light experiences, as well as how exterior light can be used to greet the user, or signal various states of the car to its surrounding. You will create light experience concepts based on the costumers’ expectation and brand values, and drive for exploring new ways of interacting with the interior/exterior of the car and the digital system. This requires both a UX and Interaction design thinking, and understanding for cognitive and behavioral science, and an interest for the technical side of light sequence specification.
• Bachelor’s degree in Interaction design, human factors, human computer interaction, or related field. We are looking after the combination of this disciplines. New inter-disciplinary programs are of interest.
• Minimum 3 years of experience designing UI/UX across multiple platforms
• Experience from collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of designers, researchers, engineers, strategists and product managers throughout the design process
• Experience of building mockups and prototypes, from digital to tangible proofs of concept
• Good knowledge of the HMI design process and best-practices
• Adobe CC, Figma and one or several Motion softwares (After effects, Premiere) and 3D softwares (Blender, VRED)
• Portfolio highlighting projects that demonstrate experience in crafting user interfaces with a wide range of interaction models
• Master’s degree in Interaction design, human factors, human computer interaction or related field
• Prior experience in developing interfaces to meet safety/driver distraction standards
• Previous experience developing interfaces/interactions for high-workload dynamic environments (e.g. vehicles, aircraft)
• Experience of moderating brainstorming and ideation sessions
• Ability to drive, motivate and convince
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, able to drive concepts and ideas forward
• Persistency to pursue targets and take decisions
• Creative problem solver, passionate to work on complex challenges
• Ability to manage competing project priorities and constraints
• Structured, methodical, and analytical with good planning skills.
• Highly motivated, flexible, and able to work under constrained time schedules
• Cultural awareness, especially Asian and European culture
• Travels to Asia may be needed (approx. 1-2 per year).
• Each individual in our team has a high level of responsibility and mandate and is expected to be able to work autonomously.
• Fluent in English, spoken and written
• Driver’s license