Technicon Design specialises in Recruitment, Studio Design and Academy Services with international market experience in transportation design. For over 44 years, Technicon Design has delivered customised solutions and maintained strategic partnerships with some of the world’s biggest brands. We are looking for you as a member of our global team with flat hierarchies and exceptional team spirit. If you feel comfortable in a dynamic working environment and want to work interculturally and globally, then you’ve come to the right place.
Within our Design Offices located in Chennai – We are currently looking for a Digital Modeller to work on a range of Automotive Vehicle projects for our Original Equipment Manufacturers within the Automotive Sector. With a previous pedigree within Automotive Vehicle Design – applicants will be required to translate Sketches into reality within the 3D environment through Computer Aided Styling. A good background in Alias and Poly Modelling required, with a portfolio of previous design work to compliment any applicants Resume.
- Responsible for delivering digital models of good quality based on sketches, scan data and 3-D models.
- Ability to accurately translate designer’s ideas, scans, verbal descriptions and reference photos into 3D Computer Aided Styling (CAS) data would be beneficial.
- Actively interpret and realize the designer’s intent and cooperate with clay modelers.
- Understand and implement technical input (criteria) in 3-D models
- A good sense of form, ability to build models
- Capable of generating Polygon and Surface models
Experience and Software Requirements:
- Experience in Autodesk Alias and any Polygon Modelling software.
- Sub-D, Blender, Maya, VRED 3D Visualisation Software (Poly experience) beneficial
- Teamcenter – Product Lifecycle Management Software experience would be an advantage
This vacancy is a full time permanent position operating from our Automotive Design offices in Chennai, India. Applicants must be able to be situated on site in Chennai – rather than working remote.