Technicon Design USA is seeking an experienced and talented Fabricator with a strong desire to work in a collaborative studio environment shaping the vehicles of tomorrow.
This position is located in North Hollywood, CA and all applicants must be willing to work onsite.
The main function of a modeler is to develop three-dimensional (3D) clay model development of scale and full size exterior and interior models of proposed corporate products. A typical modeler is responsible for assisting studio personnel in developing solutions to engineering and design problems.
Essential Job Functions: (Include but are not limited to)
• Metal fabrication, metal welding, building armatures, automotive chasey builds
• Set templates of clay to develop form and apply clay to armatures in preparation for surfacing.
• Take dimensions from model with data acquisition equipment to obtain accurate measurements and check dimensional information for duplication.
• Create new and improve existing clay and digital models using templates, points, and other software program data provided by a supervisor or designated leader.
• Coordinate input from internal and external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions.
• Aid in design and engineering problem solving.
- 10+ years experience; certified welders with metal experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Engineering, Sculpture, Ceramics, or equivalent experience
• Expert knowledge of hard modeling, Automotive engineering, Sculpting, Clay Modeling, Form and Line development, 3D Models, Surfacing.
• Ability to create manufacturable math and 3D models (die pulls, draft angles, and part breakups) and present to leadership.
• Ability to use clay modeling equipment.
• Ability to read blueprints and/or engineering drawings.
• Ability to interface with engineering criteria.
• Basic knowledge of UG.
• Alias and animation experience.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Familiarity with various email communication tools (i.e., Yahoo, Lotus Notes).
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Advanced ability to identify issues, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using root cause analysis.
• Thorough understanding and abilities in surface, form, and line development.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Ability to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals.
Potential salary range: 100k-128k / year depending on experience level
All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
*Work Authorization Required
**Portfolio required for consideration