Our Swedish based Automotive OEM manufacturer are currently looking for a Creative Developer within the Digital and Interaction team working within the area of Human Machine Interface working on solutions for our Driver and Occupant experience within our future vehicle platforms.
The successful applicant will work throughout the entire design process of a new HMI generation, from inspiration and research to building prototypes and communicating a vision through a prototype, bringing to life digital-physical experiences for our future vehicle lines and the Automobiles of the future.
The Human Machine Interface Developer will contribute to the development, evaluation and documentation of HMI concepts and information architectures for digital and physical touch points, infotainment, driver information and telematics.
The role will see you working in harmony and tandem with our other design departments to collaborate on designing, running, and testing new solutions through experiments and prototypes at varying levels of fidelity. From visual storytelling, wireframing, click-through prototypes and animations to functional interactive prototypes. Explore and identify focus areas for user research, selecting appropriate research methodologies, synthesize user research results into actionable insights for iterative concept development
The goal will be to systematically ensure that concepts are coherent, satisfy user needs and expectations, whilst understanding user pain points. Concepts must meet safety and regulatory requirements, and minimize driver distraction.
- An educational degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or similar
- A good on job (after University) knowledge of the HMI design process and best-practices
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Strategists
- and Product Managers throughout the Design Process
- Hands-on experience of building Mockups and Prototypes, from digital to tangible proofs of concept
- A diverse portfolio highlighting projects that demonstrate experience in crafting digital and physical user
- interfaces with a wide range of interaction models
- Skills in both design and development in Unity or Unreal Engine ideally within Automotive project(s)
- Experience with Multimodal interaction
This vacancy is a contract based role – located on site and situated in Sweden rather than remote working. It is anticipated that Applicants will provide a current Portfolio of project work examples at the stage of contact by our design service specialists to further assist in the recruitment process. This vacancy is open and actively encouraging applicants – it is available for an immediate start should applicants be available to onboard.