This is a fully on-site position.
**Mastercam software/programming is essential**
We are currently looking for a high energy person to work with our Physical Modelers and Studio Engineers. The candidate should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering, the studio and physical modeling.
To support the Product Design team and make them more effective in both the conceptual early phases of projects and the more technically intensive development. Experience and social skills to be able to engage in spontaneous dialogue around ideas and concepts with a technical perspective is necessary.
• Set up, operate, and maintain precision milling machines.
• Perform tool selections.
• Maintain equipment by following maintenance schedules and instructions.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Ability to assist in machine maintenance.
• Maintain a positive attitude and work with co-workers to promote a safe environment.
• Ensure that CAD data is complete and satisfactory for milling components, so closing out models will be required.
• Designing armatures.
• Work cross-functionally internally and externally with the Design Studio.
• Assist in the planning of events, prototype modeling activities and estimating task/operation duration.
• Actively participate in all studio activities related to the project.
• Build a cooperating network between design and engineering.
• Create various technical specifications to direct design work (sketching, clay modeling and 3D data).
• Must be competent in Mastercam with a minimum of 10 years’ experience, and a knowledge of Catia being an asset.
• Experience and ability to “own” given tasks and proactively move forward in a clearly defined plan of execution.
• Ability to propose engineering design solutions in support of the Design team.
• Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
• Strong communication skills: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc. both verbally and visually.
• Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
• Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive response to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
• Must be able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Must be a motivated and energized self-starter being able to work alone and in teams while working on many different tasks and with limited direction.
• Knowledge of 3D printing, clay model work and even painting are assets.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
• Willing to speak out.