As a UK based Automotive Manufacturer – We are currently looking for an additional head to complement our existing Interior Design Team. Within the physical modelling Design Studio we are looking for a Project Manager – to focus on the departmental activity and play a harmonious role in the project coordination, management and facilitation of the departmental activities.
The Project Manager would not be directly working on the generation of physical (Clay / Hard) models – but acting as a project interface and a liaison point for the other team members within that division.
Role Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organizing and leading delivery of interior modelling project content
- Project management within the Interiors domain
- Arrange budgets, source quotes and initiate purchasing of models and parts
- Working within agreed project budgets / Tracking and giving budget status updates
- Detailed project planning and communication of project status updates
- Ordering and coordination of parts, materials and services
- Managing both External & Internal suppliers
- Coordination of project data created by other departments within the company
- Set up of project models for review at board and group board level
- Regular status reporting updates to Functional Managers
- Working with Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook.
- Excellent Project Planning and Management skills
- An in depth knowledge of Interior trim and Exterior trim on vehicles
- Ideally from a Physical Modelling background with Clay / Hard Modelling experience
- Extensive previous Automotive Design / Engineering experience
- A past history of budgeting, financial planning and producing quotations
- Good interpersonal skills
This advertised vacancy is situated in the UK. Applicants are expected to possess the ability to work within the UK without the requirement of obtaining a visa prior to commencing the role. This is a contract position offered on a fixed term basis – initially 12 months in duration.