Technicon Design Sweden has a new and exciting opportunity for a Senior UI/UX Designer to join our client’s team in Gothenburg, Sweden. The vacancy is available for on-boarding immediately.
We are currently looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer responsible for designing market-leading UI and UX in the in-car Human Machine Interface (HMI).
As a Senior UI/UX Designer you may also be asked to take on a team leading role for internal or external
You will challenge the way our users interact with and use the car, with special focus on touch points beyond
the traditional screens, and apply systems thinking to information and experience design to find new ways to
engages both driver and passengers through digi-physical or physical touchpoints along a user journey.
You will participate throughout the entire design process, from inspiration and research to building prototypes
and communicating the vision for in-car digi-physical experiences. Together with a team, you contribute to the development, evaluation and documentation of novel, physical or digi-physical interaction concepts in the
interior or exterior.
You collaborate on designing, running, and testing new solutions through experiments and prototypes at
varying levels of fidelity. From visual storytelling, wireframing, click-through prototypes and animations to
functional interactive prototypes. You systematically ensure that concepts are coherent, satisfy user needs and expectations, understand user pain points as well as meeting safety and regulatory requirements, and minimize driver distraction.
To create new opportunities, you will explore and identify focus areas for user research, selecting appropriate research methodologies, and synthesize user research results into actionable insights for iterative concept development.
You will work within the HMI Design department, a true cross-functional team where inter-disciplinary focus,
curiosity and drive are highly valued. We work in close collaboration with all other design departments with Engineering and Marketing, to shape the mobility experience of the future.
- Education in Graphic form/Final art or other relevant education in design, graphics and
- At least 3-5 years of experience from graphic design, design agency, advertising agency or marketing department
- Passionate and strong skills in graphic design and typography
- Strong interest and talent for motion design and art direction
- Basic understanding in automotive development process and design
- Strong communicator with good presentation
- Strong skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign and PowerPoint
- Skills in After Effects, Blender and Autodesk Suite
- Being a true team player, as well as having a strong drive and being able to work
- Structured, methodical and analytical with good planning
- Flexible and able to work under constrained time schedules and frequently revised
- Fluent in English, both spoken and
Software and IT:
- Adobe Creative Suite.
- After Effects
- Power Point
- There may be the requirement to travel to suppliers within China and Europe occasionally – so freedom to travel required
- This role is offices based – in Gothenburg, Sweden – and not offered as a remote based role.