Within the User Experience and User Interaction division – we currently have an opening for a Senior Creative Designer / Technical Artist to join our client’s Automotive team in Cheshire in the UK. The venture holds an exclusive opportunity to shape the vehicles of the future – working on a brand which is recognized as Luxury, Prestige and Exclusive.
We are currently on the look out for a Senior Creative Designer working within UNREAL 3D Game engine. In the improvements to our future vehicle platforms – we will be intensely developing our vehicle cabin experiences into a digitally controlled experiential environment for the driver and passenger experience.
The Technical Artist is a role that has evolved from the gaming industry and the investment in developing high fidelity interactive entertainment experiences.
- Create animated and real time photo realistic rendered sequences and films from a nontechnical customer perspective showing specific use cases / scenarios that illustrate the visual & audio experience.
- This is a tool to sketch experiences quickly to allow multiple vehicle features to be choreographed together and understood holistically early in the development process which traditionally uses isolated development This is a new creative developed tool allowing an iterative creative process as well as high quality presentation material for the leadership teams to make early project decisions. These are now new deliverables in our PEP vehicle program gate system.
- 3D computer modelling in software’s such as Alias / Wavefront / Maya
- High end photorealistic visualisation skills for both still and animated scenes with a high level of camera control, lighting environment understanding and ability to deliver cinematic productions.
- Adobe After effects or equivalent film / animation editing capability
- Data flow & translation management across multiple software’s
- A strong portfolio of previous design projects
- Create animated and real time photo realistic rendered sequences and films from a customer perspective showing specific use cases/scenarios that illustrate the visual & audio experience.
- This is an evolving deliverable and the role will include championing the evolution of this tool & process for the automotive industry. The initial output will be rendered sequences but the technology is capable of real time rendered experience so the role will expand into outputs into VR headset & physical seating buck simulations.
- 10 years or over demonstrable experience in developing world class innovative concepts from ideation to production aligned to the future automotive cabin space as it goes through digital transformation. This does not have to be all automotive experience but have transferable relevance
- Connect and combine real work experiences with the digital 3D work demos
- High level of visualisation skills using a wide range of both creative & technical software
- Additional experience in designing/managing complete projects and proof of an experimental and a continuous improvement approach. This should include the ability to pioneer and evolve new ways of working to support an evolving industry, customer needs and project deliverables
This vacancy is a contract position – and would require operating through a UK Limited Company inside of IR35.
Applicants must possess the ability to work in the UK without the need for Sponsorship. The role will be operating on a Hybrid work arrangement – with an on-site presence required / home based – suggested 50-50.