Located in Gothenburg, Sweden – we are looking for a Senior Physical Modeller to work in the design studio creating models for our next generation Commercial Vehicles.
The successful individual will be expected to Transform 2D sketch or 3D scanned data into 3D physical models.
Develop and visualize ideas together with the design team in the early phases.
Enhance the physical model maturity and feasibility to match the project phases, with respect to esthetic, dimensional and technical constraints.
Secure maintenance of facilities, tools, and materials.
Develop physical models for decisions.
As a Senior level position applicants should be recognized as an ‘expert’ in Physical Modelling typically obtained through advanced education and Automotive work experience
It would be beneficial to be experienced in project leading and able to coach, mentor and educate less experienced members within the modelling team.
- Support the Clay Modelling Team with the delivery of Interior, Exterior and scale 3D physical design properties
- Work directly with the Design Team to develop design properties for design reviews
- Support the Designers with feasible solutions to design proposals
- Utilise studio Co-ordinate Measuring Machine equipment
- Possess an excellent eye for design proportions and able to work to a high standard on intricate models
This vacancy is a contract based role – located on site and situated in Gothenburg, Sweden. Initially anticipated 6 months in duration (High possibility of extension there on after).