Technicon Design U.S. is seeking an experienced and talented Senior CMF Designer with a strong desire to work in a collaborative studio environment shaping the vehicles of tomorrow.
This position is located in San Diego County, CA and all applicants must be willing to work 100% onsite.
A Senior CMF Designer will have the opportunity to design all aspects of color surface and material associated with our automotive design projects and present this information visually and verbally.
Essential Job Functions: (Include but are not limited to)
- Lead the creation of future Color, Materials & Finish strategies, aligning brand vision, market trends, and customer expectations to enhance the visual appeal of our client’s automotive products.
- Conduct comprehensive research on global and regional color and material trends, staying in touch with industry advancements and emerging technologies. Use this research to inform and inspire others within the studio and brand as a whole.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Product Planning, and Marketing teams and the Interior, Exterior and UX/UI designers, along with external suppliers to ensure seamless integration of CMF concepts into the product development process.
- Create detailed CMF specifications and documentation for engineers and suppliers to ensure the accurate execution of design intent during manufacturing. Independently and with suppliers, develop and utilize all forms of automotive materials in creating color, pattern and texture. Knowledge of automotive suppliers and current technology used by OEM’s is required.
- Responsible for all aspects related to the projects, including: scheduling project steps, ordering and receiving materials, presenting concepts, creating design notes & build book.
- Clearly and concisely present proposals to all levels of management.
- Mentor and guide upcoming CMF designers, fostering a collaborative and creative work environment.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
- 5+ years of color & material design experience in an automotive studio
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art with an interest in sociology and culture.
- Proven experience as a CMF Designer in the automotive industry, with a strong portfolio showcasing successful production projects.
- In-depth knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes, and their impact on design.
- Create high quality renderings to demonstrate CMF proposals and designs using Adobe Creative Suite and 3D rendering and visualization tools.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate design concepts to all stakeholders.
- Insight, creativity and resourcefulness.
- High energy, perseverance, adaptability.
- Discerning eye for production design.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator; Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel & Office in a Windows PC environment.
- 3-D rendering skills using VRed or Keyshot
- Experience creating animations is a plus.
Potential salary range: 100k-160k / year depending on experience level
All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
*Work Authorization Required
**Portfolio required for consideration