Technicon Design are currently looking for a UI Designer focused on designing market-leading User Interfaces and visuals for our Swedish based Original Equipment Manufacturer Automotive Brand. Situated in Gothenburg – you would be based working within the HMI & UX Design department, a department currently increasing its intake as the Automotive Industry embraces the advances and importance of the vehicle occupant experience.
The department work in close collaboration with all other design departments, as well as with Engineering and Marketing, to shape the mobility experience of the future.
As UI Designer you will be key within the entire design process, from research to digital prototypes and specifying the detailed design. Together with a team, you will contribute to the development, evaluation and documentation of novel interaction concepts and information architectures for digital touch points, infotainment, driver information and telematics.
You collaborate on designing, running, and testing new solutions through experiments and prototypes at
varying levels of fidelity. From visual storytelling, wireframing, click-through prototypes and animations to
functional interactive prototypes. You systematically ensure that concepts are coherent, satisfy user needs and expectations, understand user pain points as well as meeting safety and regulatory requirements to minimize driver distraction.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Graphics design, Interaction design, human factors, human computer interaction, or related field.
- A minimum 2 years of experience designing across multiple platforms
- Experience from collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of designers, researchers, engineers, strategists and product managers throughout the design process
- Experience of building digital mockups, prototypes, or proof-of-concepts
- Portfolio highlighting projects that demonstrate experience in crafting digital or physical user interfaces with a range of interaction models, as well as personal technical skillset.
- A good comprehension of Figma software
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Prior experience in developing interfaces to meet safety/driver distraction standards
- Previous experience developing interfaces/interactions for high-workload dynamic environments (e.g.
- vehicles, aircraft)
- Understanding of web development languages
- Motion (After Effects, Premiere) and 3D software’s (Blender, VRED)
- The vacancy is situated in Gothenburg, Sweden. Offered on a contract nature – initially on a 6 month duration. (With scope to renew)
- Travels to Asia may be required to our sister site (approx. 1-2 per year).