Technicon Design currently have an opening for an Automotive related project team working on User Experience (UX) / User interface (UI) to join our client’s Automotive team in Cheshire in the UK. The venture holds an exclusive opportunity to shape the vehicles of the future – working on a brand which is recognized as Luxury, Prestige and Exclusive.
As a Unity Engine Programmer you will play an active part in shaping the interaction between our Vehicle occupants and the future vehicles the company produce. The Driver and Passenger experience is developing with the migration into Autonomous vehicle progression – as interaction, lighting and ambience play a more significant role in our development projects.
Unity software programming is being used to centrally control multiple features in a full vehicle seating mock-up which allow full user interactions & experience tests and demonstrations. This also includes hardware features such as lighting, steering wheel switches, starting mechanisms, seat features, audio/sound and scent etc. This will replicate future digital car platforms that use a central computer system.
- Build on the established system coding and respond to the UX team requests for a growing number of HMI interactions and clinic requirements for specific use case’s
- Required to support juniors within the area of programming
- Building tools to facilitate the assembly of complex Ul’s across networks
- Building tools to take inputs into Unity from a wide range of hardware sources
- Senior Unity developer with at least 5 years’ experience
- Understanding of code versioning essential
- Good understanding of SOLID principles
- Experience with multiplayer servers and networking a must
- Familiarity with Midi, UDP, TCP, OSC protocols a bonus
- Experience with Arduino beneficial
- Experience with MadMapper or image projection software beneficial
- Experience writing shaders a bonus
- Experience of the Automotive industry a plus
- Experience with Cl (Continuous Integration) or Build Automation would be useful
This vacancy is a contract position – and would require operating through a UK Limited Company inside of IR35.
Applicants must possess the ability to work in the UK without the need for Sponsorship. The role will be operating on a Hybrid work arrangement – with an on-site presence required / home based – suggested 50-50.