Technicon Design currently have an opening for an Automotive related project team working on User Experience (UX) / User interface (UI) to join our client’s Automotive team in Cheshire in the UK. The venture holds an exclusive opportunity to shape the vehicles of the future – working on a brand which is recognized as Luxury, Prestige and Exclusive.
We require a User Experience Designer to work on the next vehicle concepts at the UK’s most exclusive Car design and manufacturing head quarters
The UX Designer is a relatively new role to the automotive industry and is normally associated with purely digital experiences like web site, phone and APP user experiences. However, UX in the context of in-vehicle experience is associated with both digital & physical experiences moving to a future immersive cabin space for drivers and passengers using all the senses (not only a touch screen experience).
- To develop designs, prototype & test ideas, strategies and road maps for future luxury customer experiences and communicate through the organisation to both technical and non technical audiences using a customer centric approach.
- Researching customer needs, trends, competitors and developing customer insights
- Use human centred design processes and systems such as running defined personas through customer journey mapping & defining use case’s with a focus on strategic brand differentiation targets
- Knowledge of emerging technologies that create opportunities for brand innovation and new industry leading digital and physical executions and mobility experiences
- Ability to sketch ideas
- Ability to run cross functional workshops and collate information through information sharing software’s such as Figma & Miro
- Create prototypes designs and testing with developers to ensure product quality
- Work cross functionally with all stake holders across the organization and with specialist companies outside the organization
- A strong working knowledge of UX Design principles
- Graphic & presentation design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, After Effects
- Ideally animation, motion graphics and video editing skills
- UX Design tools such as Miro, Figma etc
- Experience with user testing and usability analysis
- A strong portfolio of previous design projects
This vacancy is a contract position – and would require operating through a UK Limited Company inside of IR35.
Applicants must possess the ability to work in the UK without the need for Sponsorship. The role will be operating on a Hybrid work arrangement – with an on-site presence required / home based – suggested 50-50.