Technicon Design currently have an opening for an Automotive related project team working on User Experience (UX) / User interface (UI) to join our client’s Automotive team in Cheshire in the UK. The venture holds an exclusive opportunity to shape the vehicles of the future – working on a brand which is recognized as Luxury, Prestige and Exclusive.
We are currently looking for a User Experience Designer to work on the specific area of Lighting across the Car Interior and Exterior. Within in the automotive industry – Lighting is going through a transformation and is a powerful visual tool to control the look and feel on both the exterior and interior cabin space as well as new functional features that extend screen information into new areas such as trim panels and exterior illuminated grill meshes. This is a creative role aimed at exploring new opportunities and ideas using evolving technologies rather than a technical engineering role
- To develop dynamic lighting designs, prototype & test ideas, strategies and road maps for future luxury customer lighting experiences and communicate through the organisation to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop ideas through software simulation and physical mock-ups
- Work closely with stake holders and technical teams to develop aesthetic and engineering principles
- Control quality of execution through design & development phases to final production
- Develop brand and product differentiation strategies across future product portfolio
- Develop functional solutions to new and evolving lighting use cases for both exterior and interior
- Strong knowledge of the theory / psychology of light/ shade and on the way it influences how people feel in environments and on objects and materials. This should include colour theory, knowledge of lighting textures & techniques (e.g direct / indirect / diffused etc)
- The skill set should be orientated around a product design approach as opposed to an exterior body styling background
- Understanding of lighting trends and bench marking both inside & outside the car industry
- Competent in 3D modelling software including rendering and rapid prototyping outputs
- A diverse lighting background from outside the car industry is preferable
- A strong understand and experience of lighting technologies and techniques
- A strong portfolio of previous lighting projects
This vacancy is a contract position – and would require operating through a UK Limited Company inside of IR35.
Applicants must possess the ability to work in the UK without the need for Sponsorship. The role will be operating on a Hybrid work arrangement – with an on-site presence required / home based – suggested 50-50.