Located within our Design Studio in Gothenburg – We are looking for a User Interface Designer to work within our design teams in creating visual Interfaces within our Automotive Vehicle lines.
Working within the HMI & UX Design department, and as part of a cross-functional team where inter-disciplinary focus, curiosity and drive are highly valued. We work in close collaboration with all other design departments, as well as with Engineering and Marketing, to shape the mobility experience of the future and contributing to our vehicles of the future.
The User Interface Designer will play a part within the product lifecycle of inspiration and research to building digital prototypes and specify the detailed design. Together with a team – you contribute to the development, evaluation and documentation of novel interaction concepts and information architectures for digital touch points, infotainment, driver information and telematics within our Car brand to satisfy the needs of the Driver and occupants within our Electric Vehicles.
The UI Designer will be engaged in the process of visual storytelling, wireframing, click-through prototypes and animations to functional interactive prototypes. You systematically ensure that concepts are coherent, satisfy user needs and expectations, understand user pain points as well as meeting safety and regulatory requirements, and reducing any driver distraction.
Applicant Skill Requirements
- A relevant degree in Graphics design, Interaction design, human factors, human computer interaction, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience designing across multiple platforms
- Experience from collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of designers, researchers, engineers, strategists and product managers throughout the design process
- Experience of building digital mockups, prototypes, or proof-of-concepts
- Portfolio highlighting projects that demonstrate experience in crafting digital or physical user interfaces with a range of interaction models, as well as personal technical skillset.
- Highly skilled in Figma
- A past history within the Automotive sector would be a distinct benefit (with knowledge developing interfaces to meet safety/driver distraction standards) or a similar area of expertise in Vehicles / Aircraft etc.
- Skilled in Figma
- Motion (After Effects, Premiere)
- 3D softwares (Blender, VRED)
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
This vacancy is a contract based role – located on site and situated in Sweden rather than remote working. It is anticipated that Applicants will provide a current Portfolio of project work examples at the stage of contact by our design service specialists to further assist in the recruitment process.